Baccarat is the perfect game if you want simple entertainment. The game is easy to learn and offers simple gameplay. Once you have your stake, there’s nothing to do but sit back, cross your fingers and enjoy the game. In the following article we will teach you step by step how to play Baccarat. You’ll be up and running in no time!
1. On the table you will find three sections you can place bets on; the banker, the player and the tie. Don’t be confused by the names since the player has nothing to do with you and the banker has nothing to do with the house. These are just the two options. Before any cards are dealt, you will place a bet if you think the banker or player will win, or if you think it will be a tie. A correct pick on the banker and player pays 1:1, while a tie pays 9:1, but in some cases 8:1.
2. After the bet is placed, two cards will be dealt to the player and two to the banker. The value of the player’s and banker’s cards are added together to give a total. All cards between 2-9 are worth their face value, while 10s and face cards are worth zero and aces are worth 1. If the sum of the cards is higher than 9, the sum will be reduced by 10. For example, two 9s would add up to 8 points instead of 18.
3. The hand with a sum closest to 9 is the winner, whereas it is a tie if both hands have the same sum. If the banker got 4+3 and the player 5+4, the player will win with 9 over 7. If you had placed a bet that the player would win, then you will receive double your bet back.
4. Sometimes a third card will be dealt to the player. This happens automatically if the sum of the first two cards is equal to or less than 5. The exception to this rule is if the banker has a sum of 8 or 9, as the banker will then win. If a third card is dealt to the player, the value of all cards will be added together and compared as always.
5. At times the banker will and receive a third card, but this can only happen if the player has received one. It is not always that the banker will receive a card despite the fact that the player did, but this is based on what the player’s third card showed and what amount the banker currently has. If the player’s third card was a 2 or 3, the bank will only receive a third card if their total is 4 or less. In the table below you can find all the cases where the bank will receive a third card:
Baccarat bank third card
Baccarat is really no more complicated than this. There is also no need to learn or know when the banker and player will receive a third card, as it happens automatically in the game.
Now that you have a good understanding of how Baccarat is played, why not head over to the tables and try the entertaining game? For the best and most authentic experience, we highly recommend trying the LIVE version!